Saturday, June 14, 2008

OMG

I am so tired...but the messed up part is that it is Saturday night and I am at work, cause I missed Friday for the meeting and my family ditched since I couldn't play and headed to the hills till Monday. I know, I know I shouldn't use my blog to process, but there isn't anyone else to "talk" to so here I go. I am not a delegate, but I did get a lot of votes I think and made two significant contributions to the party platform on energy and wild places, and we elected a completely diverse delegation from CD2: 2 African American Women, 1 African American Man, 1 man from India, and 1 Latino Man (2 of these folks were my picks from the first day of the Convention). The at large female delegate was a young Native American Woman. That Ba'Rocks it for sure. I was totally frustrated by DNC rules on gender balance and the implementation of those rules by the State party...A coin toss limited the # of women in both the CD2 delegation and the at-large...I am writing a letter to the DNC about it. Too tired for more. Need to eat...and oh yeah, go to the bathroom?

No comments: