Sunday, June 15, 2008

BLOG-O-MANIAC

That is what I have become, especially since the family is gone and I have been processing the Convention.  I have decided to maintain my delegate's blog, and am doing a bit of networking to see if I can keep it in the Democrat's mainstream.  I will continue to write here on most issues, and in my general no rules of writing style...but will post my presidential stuff and local race observations that are more standardly written on the other blog (athough, I think my writing is still a little--well-- more "abnormal" there than I am willing to admit .  Funny--River asked the other day what "multi-dimensional" means and the only way I could find to describe it was by talking about the difference between a still photograph, a radio broadcast, and a television show.  But so many things are multi-dimensional--and this dual blog thing is a good example.  
I love this particular blog though--love to write only for the blog.  I have gone maniac in the sense that I am adding links and categories to the other blog....it is fun, but also not what I want my blogging to always incorporate. I like having a place for just the words, the thoughts, the feelings, the day, my life, what I see, this world.  etc. ...no mediation (or as little as possible).  Natalie Goldberg wrote a great book called "Writing Down The Bones" (Actually, one of my favorite fiction books "Banana Rose" was also written by her).  In the Bones book she advocates for stream of consciousness writing as the main nutrient in the writer's world. The venue she suggests is a spiral notebook.  I actually have found this casual blog to be a better equivalent for me, since I flow better typing due to the excessive amount of writing at the computer I did in school. So that is the intent of this particular blog...to feed my writers soul and be about the process, and not give a damn if anyone reads these words or even understands them (NO OFFENSE MEANT IF THERE HAPPENS TO BE SOMEONE READING THIS RIGHT NOW! I implicitly strive for communicative writing and am thrilled by any entity willing to partake in my expressions).

No comments: