Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Family En Forme

Not the one I made, but the one I was made into.  My "family of origin" is a little different than most.  I am the only child of my parents but they have children from previous marriages that I grew up with.  My exposure to my mother's children was greater than my exposure to my father's children since I lived with them.  My father was married once before and had Ben (8 years older) and Becky (11 years older).  My mother was married twice before.  In the first marriage (at age 20--my favorite line from my mom is "when I was dating you married whoever you slept with, you all sleep with whoever you date") she had Doug (16 years older) and in the second marriage had my sisters Kelly (12 years older) and Holly (10 years older).  I was the baby, the only, and the first child.  It explains a lot about my personality I think too.  
I have a tremendous amount of respect for my sisters in particular, not that my brothers aren't good folks...but...anyways.  My sister Kelly is one of the neatest persons you will ever know.
-DISCLAIMER- I am not saying that Holly isn't also one of the neatest persons you will ever know too.  One time I described Holly as stable and Kelly as nice, and I have never lived that down since they have both interpreted it to mean that Kelly is unstable and Holly is mean.
Tonight , I want to highlight my sister Holly because: 1) She saved my ass yesterday when I needed her to watch my kids after childcare fell through. 2) She just started a new business as a personal trainer.  The name of her company is en forme check it out, and send clients her way (but maybe wait till the fall since she is slowly weening off stay at homing).  She will get anyone in great form.  

No comments: