Monday, May 12, 2008

More Areva Misconstruings

The world is spinning too fast for me to completely get my barrings. I will share that my organization has been faced with the tedious and impossible task of explaining to folks that if they are upset about the low level radioactive sand coming from Kuwait, they should take a hard look at the plans for waste disposal provided by Areva when their uranium enrichment plant takes off. Our beloved local paper found the difference in these two projects compelling enough to publish an editorial on Sunday arguing, again, against the sand and for Areva. This editorial appears without contrast to a Letter to the Editor submitted by one of our members pointing to the severely flawed poll the Statesman ran on this issue last week. The Statesman is yet to run this LTE, and I doubt they will. Instead, they have chosen to re-enforce their bias by continuing their uninvestigative look into the consequences of nuclear development. I do not mean to wear this point to the ground, but this is my only locale for glass-banging. Tap, tap, tap...hello! How do we break this divide?

No comments: