Monday, May 12, 2008

Begin to Bounce

I don't mean to only shout from the other side of the glass. I find it troubling,myself, that currently I am pointing to the difficulty of the road rather than the best way ahead. In policy making, even as a subsidiary, the actions felt worthy of immediate impact. Since moving to a marginalized environmental group I feel suddenly isolated. A friend from the legislature came to check out the office. He specializes in greening spaces and gave me some suggestions for our space (including replacing the lights to a frequency that renders true color, increasing circulation, an air purifier). When he left he asked if we wanted to be on his committee of the Governor's environmental task force. I said please. He said, you're on. But when he told the Governor's liason, she said no--to us specifically. That is what I mean by a sense of powerlessness. While I want to propose solutions I genuinely feel faced with a propaganda machine far ahead on the path of marketing nuclear power than we first anticipated. It is like shouting into the looking glass, down the rabbit hole, around the bend. That's why its hard to see the pathways, and discern the route of footworthiness. Tonight Riv and I read of Tigger. He really cannot help but pounce when he sees something of excitement. I have to find my intrigue, begin to bounce.

No comments: