Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I COULD JUST KISS JOHN EDWARDS

And it is not because he has good (and expensive) hair. When my co-worker said, "Edwards endorsed...guess who?" it took a second to register. Then, it hit, "Did you just say Edwards endorsed?! Who?!" "I said, guess!" "Obama!?" Then ensued whooping and hollering while giggling that would be impossible to convey in written form accurately here. Which is a bit unfortunate, cause I have thus far held my overexuberance in check rather well...and well, that pushed me over the edge. FINALLY!I remember watching Edwards step out of the race months ago in my old office. Sunny winter day. And I wanted him to endorse, and I wished he would. And then I gave up. I really had forgotten how adamant the feeling was for me that if he endorsed Obama would be securely positioned. So today, I remembered all at once while finding out and then whooped. The real issue?--Besides my definately distracting behavior?--The office generally leans towards Clinton, I think anyways, because of her energy policy. This is legitimate given the organization but I believe Obama will democratize energy. When he does, people will not choose nuclear. I haven't even seen the video of Obama and Edwards, but will find it on you tube next. Also, in the office, then West Virginia results came up in conversation and I called them "racists" and was deservedly scolded for my simplicity by a co-worker. The only one to tell me I was wrong about West Virginians. And I respect this man a lot. He has promised to share more details later. But then I talked to my sister who watched John Stewart interview W. Virginians (Real ones) and guess what...they didn't want any more Hussein, and we shouldn't have a muslim president. No one said racism is simple. It is complex and hidden, that is why it is so insidious in the form it most currently manifests. A toxic mix of ignorance, misinformation, and need to protect what is known, leads to results like that one. Maybe that is the imperfection of democracy--the biases that are the imperfections of humanity. In any case...I could really kiss that guy... This is my soundtrack at the moment in the chance you have not yet heard her, even one, this link is worth it.

No comments: