Thursday, June 26, 2008

Canyon Becoming More

This morning I watched Canyon sleeping.  He woke up early crying.  I was already up, posting blogs before the real day begins.  I hold him close and his body relaxes, I take him into my room and let him lay on my chest.  He slides off onto the bed--breathing evenly.  Arms stretched overhead.  I watch his dream face break a small smile, listen to the acceleration and deceleration of his breathing as he journeys in his mind's eye.  I remember when he was born, how the same head and face were just smaller then, features not yet defined.   I think of how he is moving away from his babyness.  I touch my forehead to his, take in the scent of his sweet little body.I want to keep him this way forever, want to bottle the feeling of holding him tight when he runs for me and then melts into my arms.  Want him to keep forever the awrnry attitude he gets when strangers look at him and he frowns in his cutest way back.  There is so much going on inside that little two year old soul.  So much ready to become more.

No comments: