Sunday, May 11, 2008

Directly under the point of my right hip bone there is the image of a star and moon. It sits above my ovary on that side, placed there in a shift of self my first year of college. Opposite this image, when moving down and diagonally across is a moon shaped bruise on my left knee. I have no memory of how it got there. I just noticed the congruency of the shapes. The ordering of the constellations of my body. Please excuse the recent shift in my writing away from the readable and into the enactment of a character consciousness. An expression of self that I normally hold in the back. It shouldn't last too long. And there is likely to be the occasional political observation as well. Why is it so hard for us to see the use of nuclear technology as an example of the ultimate overly efficient machine? And in overefficiency in one aspect, the scale must tip the opposite way in an other. That is to say: While incredibly "efficient" at producing energy interms of actual power generated within a specific frame of time and some of the resources expended, there remains, nevertheless, a tremendous amount of waste that is not simply banana peels. Not just some worm rich stinky piles of compost. We are talking cancer causing, life destroying, never deteriorating radioactive waste. O.K. the waste issue is number one to answer. I have also picked up one of C's books: Blessed unrest is Paul Hawken's book about the environmental, social justice, peace centered "movement" taking place. He calls it "How the largest movement in the world came into being, and why no one saw it coming." It makes me feel very, very, well...interconnected to be working for an environmental organization that is committed to peace and justice and works in a human rights framework. It is cool. More on that book as i tunnel through. Can is awake. Gotta go.

No comments: