Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Goal:  To Achieve a Space for Exploration of Ideas, Sentiments, and Possiblilities.
I am the mother of two children and I have found that this identification has opened up possibilities, but also limited the scope of the spheres I inhabit.  I sometimes do dishes, or laundry and think about how to affect a change in this world.  I know that everyday forms of resistance and action are key.  But I also feel a seismic shift in the political systems that shape cultural reality and I want to increase my cognizance of these changes as well as participate.  I want to have my eyes wide open rather than sinking into apathy and alienation.  
When I went RAW I felt like I was living a revolution.  Getting in touch.  What I felt and sensed was magnificent and terrifying.  When I wrote and taught in grad school I felt like I was moving through the thin veils of manufactured being and reaching for the uncapturable to hold for a minute to alternate options of reality.  Now, I sometimes feel life moving, but I am numb to its direction, I am riding, but not driving.  HOW DO I CHOOSE PROGRESSIVE PATHWAYS FOR ME, MY FAMILY, AND MY COMMUNITY?  That is the theme(s) this blog will explore.  

No comments: